We are the Chocolate Beauties Book Club located in Pontiac, Michigan. We were established in 2010 by our president and founder Angela Hunt. Currently we have 14 members. We are a sisterhood of fun loving, reading women. We are all African American women (single, married, mothers, working, 35 years or older) Our group is good hearted, comedians, some what serious – great combination that works together.
The Chocolate Beauties purpose:
- To have a strong, positive and divine sisterhood
- To uplift and not tear one another down
- To push each other forward when we are stuck in our situations
- To encourage each other to reach our goals
- To pray for one another
- To fellowship and have fun
- And of course to discuss the book of the month
BPM: Do you primarily purchase books online or in a bookstore? Do you prefer digital books?
Members are responsible for purchasing their books. Most are purchased online and/or in bookstores. Some members use/have the Kindle reader. Cost/price does not play a part in book selection/purchase. Yes, we will continue to purchase printed books.